Thursday 25 October 2012

3rd Editing - Memory Scene

We have decided to edit the scene of Alice in the common room with her friends as a memory, this film will be edited to be black and white to convey the difference in time. The clip will only be short as the main focus of the video is about Alice being unhappy, and this conveys her as the opposite.
 
Whilst making the video I had to 'trim' each shot and make them 'greyscale' as an effect. I did this by using the 'Add Effect Buttons' and placing the videos in the time line. The videos have an arrow on their thumbnail to show that they are being used, and once they have been edited this arrow turns yellow which reminds me that I have already edited them. Here are some print screens as I was editing the film.



 
After editing all of the shots, I managed to make a short clip just under 20 seconds long. We may be repeating this scene in the video, we are undecided yet, however my group are happy with this progress.
 
 
After watching back all of our filming shots of this scene, we have decided to add a few extra sections to try and make Alice seem the centre of attention and as happy as we can portray her to be. I have added different parts to the original film and left them in colour so that it is clear which bits I have added. I will then place them in black and white like the others and have a finished scene.
 
 
I have looked closely at the shots and decisively to choose which ones would work in our scene. These parts in particular have interested me as I have added them for certain reasons.
 
 
This image above is a printscreen from my editing of the Memory Scene, I chose to use this section of filming because Alice is laughing with the other girls in the shot and they are all looking at her, which presents her as the centre of attention and being liked. This is representable as throughout the rest of the video Alice will be alone.
 
I had to edit this shot very closely as Jessie Plant is in the corner of the shot making it difficult to use the whole section. We were taking photographs of Alice whilst filming to use as evidence, however getting a close up whilst doing this was difficult, yet the overall outcome is still good.
 
 
I was unsure about this shot as Alice is on the edge of the screen and she is not the central point of the camera, which she should be in this section, seen as the video centres around her and her emotions. I have decided to use it because despite her not being central, this shot presents Alice interacting with the other girls.
 
Here is the finished Memory Scene, all in black and white:
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. A good set of proofson your ICT tools. Please do more

    ReplyDelete